Monday, July 2, 2012

The Beginning...

So I've been going and back and forth on starting this blog about the successful trilogy known as " 50 Shades of Grey" about my feelings on the book, my own close encounters, how other people feel and their own special "arrangements" they might have, had, or willing to part take. As much as I would like to keep it PG 13-let me warn you, there are going to be times when swearing is involved- uncomfortable topics. Juicy topics... Sexual content and over all fun!
This book took me by surprise. I haven't had a book captivate me so much since the “Flowers in the attic" series by V C Andrews. I haven' read it in a long time but still I remember shuttering in my bedroom wondering if the Grandmother was coming up the stairs.. The powder sugar cookies... Blushing by the romantic words from Chris and then feeling awful to realize they were related! It had me envision ballerinas... Naughty sleep overs... incest... cruelty...Survival... Freedom and most of all …love as the series continued. Simply put … it was amazing.
I have been hearing about 50 Shades all over the place. My girlfriends, co- workers, internet, TV …hell you name it, it’s everywhere!! So when my friend Tracy said she had the books, I said bring it over... I will give it a whirl. You see, I don’t read often, I never seem to find anything that “peaks” my interest enough. When I was younger I was into horror books, Stephen King mostly- and then I just started watching movies. I stopped reading and always had to hear “how much better the book was” – I didn’t care. I was more of a visual kind of lass. HA! And would stick my nose in the air at the “bookie types” – how boring! Well… until recently.
I’m not going to give away much in this first entry- this is my introduction-giving a little of me to you-and what to expect-also be reassured, I will always post “SPOILER ALERTS” if you haven’t gotten as far in the book. I hope you follow along and please comment. I am already into "50 Shades Darker" But we will start at the beginning.. It will keep my mind racing- I look forward to our time together...

“ Laters Baby” 

No comments:

Post a Comment