Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The romance novel?

So it has been awhile since I've written- I know slacker for sure. I have finished all the books and honestly I’m infected...
This series is every woman's fantasy- admitted or not- it is. But reality, it doesn't happen. Let's be honest - how many Ana's do you know?
I would like to think that possibly I have had similar scenarios- especially with elevators Ha!- " what is it about elevators" ? But again.. shortly lived glimmers of “ what if” –
What is your “ what if”?? – everyone has them as much as they don’t want to. The issue is living with them and letting them get out of control. In my early teen years  I let my “ what if” control my life- Hell.. some of it followed me in my 20’s- That one consumption of knowing if you would’ve taken another path where would your life be…can be haunting. I guess if you didn’t have any, you couldn’t learn from them. But still you can’t help but imagine….
Christian Grey is a masterpiece in my mind- at first while I was reading I wanted to scream at Ana “ LEAVE HIM ALONE.. STOP PUSHING” – the book infuriatingly described Ana being forceful with him and asking questions about his past.. and then second guessing herself “ what have I done, I’ve pushed him away” – But James was smart with it- you truly understood why she did it. It opened him up- made him complete sort of speak. Reminds me of the scene in Sex in the City where Carrie tells Adian she misses him.. and wants him back and as she is talking he shouts “ YOU BROKE MY HEART” – and she runs away. A complete breakdown.. that is what Christian needed, Ana made him the submissive… to love.
  I explained I was going to go thru the book chapter by chapter but honestly I don’t think I need to. Enough people know about the series.. the plot .. shit there is a possible movie. The format I decided to go with is using scenarios from  the book and trying to relate and getting opinions and hopefully you will use this to open up and write your own and share. Sounds exciting to me- and honestly if not one word is written in response- this is amazing therapy.
A romance novel? Who would’ve thought- If you look up romance novel on Wiki it states-  primary focus on the relationship and romantic love between two people, and must have an "emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending”. I highly doubt that when this was written it would include a contract with hard and soft limits! But in the end it was a romantic story of exploration, erotic excitement and well love. I’ve been loved hard like that before- but just too young to really appreciate its worth- again .. a lesson who makes me who I am today..
That is it for now.. we will talk about lessons next time.
Laters xox
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment